Surrealist Manifesto, 1924
Stray Psychic Automata (I)
- A cascading torrent of thought shimmers and sizzles as it streaks across the Near Void. Observers who allow their perceptions to linger overlong upon it will run the risk of attracting its attentions. These things are known to attempt to imprint themselves upon the minds and brains and memories of those susceptible to their influence.
- A stream of Disjointed Memories bubble upwards from the broken soil forming something akin to a reverse waterfall, with all the once precious contents of another extinct mind erupting outward from the final oblivion that awaits at the center of the Great Ring.
- The immediate area is saturated with a random emotion that washes across and through all who pass across this heavily imprinted region. Unless bound to an appropriate vessel or capacitor, these feelings will quickly pass.
- The reverberating psychic echoes of a dialogue from long, long ago ricochet across the minds of anyone not suitably shielded or protected. It is an old argument. It leaves those who've walked into it feeling drained and disappointed that things didn't turn out better.
- A Spontaneous Trance-State lurches forth from the shattered remnants of the Recollected Unconscious of a thousand-thousand dead species and cultures, infiltrating any and every conscious being and inflicting terrible nightmares, gibbering prophecies and terrifying visions upon any and all whom they can reach, touch or affect.
- Telepathic Contact with an entity who offers only a non-pronounceable glyph as identification ensues. It asks three seemingly random questions then severs the contact abruptly.
- (1d4) Stray Thoughts come bounding over the terrain to pounce upon the unwary.
- A Creature of the Id is roaming the near-by region. There are distinctive tracks and a strange psychic ululation that makes its disturbing presence felt, if not seen.
- A black void of Curdled Negativity looms within the shadowed recesses of some ruined structure it could never have built. The thing offers to remove doubts, drain away sorrows, or otherwise relieve passersby of their darker emotional burdens.
- Shift in Consciousness; anyone caught in the psychic tremors runs the very real risk of their personality fracturing into (1d4) sub-personas. Integration will take hours, if not days and may not always be possible.